Re: Moscow teachers

Voting on a supplemental levy and polling the voters on specific issues are two separate and distinct ideas.  I do not favor "polling" the electorate on every decision that comes up, or we would be polling the electorate for approval of the teacher contract.  However, the supplemental levy was, at one time, voted on every year during May.  It was a useful gauge of public opinion and supplied the teachers with extra funds for enhanced salaries, reduced workloads, etc.  I do feel it would be worthwhile to again ask the community, once a year, for an opinion sheltered by the anonymity of the voting booth.

John

John and Laurie Danahy
jdanahy@turbonet.com

Back to TOC