Informal tree meeting tonight

Visionaries,
The proposal by the Palouse Mall to remove trees in the landscaped strip
along the Pullman Highway has generated a great deal of public
interest.  Even though the joint meeting of the P&Z and Tree Committee
has been cancelled, concerned citizens are invited to come to City Hall
tonight (May 24) at 7:30 p.m.
This is not an official city meeting.  However, I understand that Tree
Committee members Jim Fazio and David Rauk and City Council members
Linda Pall and Peg Hamlett may be in attendance.
Although they cannot discuss the specifics of the Palouse Mall proposal
(because no landscape plan has been received), they can provide
information about existing tree-protection ordinances, as well as the
landscaping requirements of the parking lot ordinance.
So if you already cleared your calendar for a tree meeting this evening,
please join me at 7:30 at City Hall.  Bring your questions and concerns.

--Kenton

Back to TOC