Asbestos in crayons.

I hate to react to stories like this because it's usually a bunch of
hooey, however, the Seattle PI is reporting that all crayons in the US
contains asbestos.

http://www.seattle-pi.com/national/cray23.shtml

The asbestos is part of the talc they use to stabilize the parafin
wax. This story crosses my threshold of disbelief because (1) I know
how easy it is to get talc contaminated with asbestos and (2) the
Seattle PI does good work. In fact, if you drive down 95 to Riggins
and the surrounding environs, you'll see dark green rocks with bright
white inclusions. The white stripes are talc, laden with asbestos.

I guess the word is "buyer beware". Or maybe "Crayons in the dumpster".
--
Ry Jones
Airgap Networks / Moscow, ID

Back to TOC