Re: is e-commerce a the threat to main street trade?

Well, I suppose you could stay home, and see it all on the little box.
Which is kind of the point: The trend towards electronic transactions like
pay-per-view movies lets us avoid our obligation(?) to rub shoulders with
the un-washed masses on our main streets.  With out the need for a main
street, what's to keep future communities anywhere from looking like the
Cleveland you've described?
jm