Re: High Crimes Are Misdemeanors/Information

At 11:48 AM 7/29/99 -0700, Dale Goble wrote:

>On Wed, 28 Jul 1999 "T&E" wrote:
>
>> Not to be repeating what others have said but, these type of crimes have
>> been found to lead to human serial killing. If you let a person go free
>> for "just" killing a bunch of  animals then you are telling them that they
>> can get away with murdering humans too. For we are all just animals too.
>

>To offer an example that might drive home the point that Mike Curley has
>repeatedly made:
>
>Since all serial killers have drunk milk, we should ban the drinking of
>milk because it leads to serial killing.
>
>People who torture animals are messed up and should be treated as such.
>The fact that a person has tortured animals does not, however, cause the
>person to kill humans.
>
>Dale Goble

Animal torture and later violence are not cause and effect; they are
escalating effects of the same underlying cause, which is frequently found
to be sexual abuse. When this is the situation (and I do not know and am not
suggesting it is in the Moscow cases), the animal torture can be considered
a cry for help. If that help is not received, the violence may escalate.

Lois Melina
Lois Melina
Editor, "Adopted Child" newsletter
P.O. Box 9362