Unleashed dogs and thistles

Last evening I pulled thistles at Carol Ryrie Brink Nature Park -- penance
for letting my dog run LOOSE at the park a half dozen times.

If you want to compensate for a similar civic slip up, wear jeans and heavy
gloves, bring a trash can and digging tool, and spend 45 minutes at dusk
pulling up those nasty plants.  I put a good dent in one of two manageable
patches. (One is by the path and could be dealt with using a gas powered
weed eater, the other is by the creek, two thirds of the way east of MV
rd.)

The job needs finishing *today* as the plants are flowering now and on the
brink of going to seed.

--Priscilla S.

PS What do I do with my garbage can full of thistles now that I have it?

Back to TOC