RE:loose dogs

I use a hiking stick when I walk my dog.  Of course, our dog is a part
chihuahua/part pomeranian puppy.  (I think there is some norway rat in
there too.)  It would make a quick meal for some of the animals roaming
around leashless.  Before anyone gets in a tizzy for thinking I hate the
large dogs and want to club them, let me say that I am a dog person.  A
large dog person.  (Large modifies dog in that sentence, not me.)  My wife
got the little thing, although it has turned out to be a nice little
creature.  When I had my monster Irish setter, I never let it roam around
causing havoc and terror.  If it did get loose and would have come back
showing obvious signs of discouragement (like it was shot with a paintball
or other such thing) by some other human, I would not have been angry at
that person.  My dog is my responsibility.  (Of course, let me not say the
same about responsibilities that most cat owners should have for their
cats, lest I be branded a cat-hater and prime suspect in the recent
goings-on.)

marc
owner of a non-yipping, non-ankle-biting cute rat-dog.

Back to TOC