Re: Cablevision

>A colleague who has cable reports that on Channel 11 of the local cable
>network--the public announcements channel--the following advertisement can
>be seen:

true enough. I've seen it several times. My understanding is through public
access they pretty much have to let you say whatever you want on PA
channels. Which Channel 11 is. You would have to talk to the franchise
owner (the city) to see what the exact details are but usually in return
for the monopoly of cable services the cable company has to give up a
couple of PA channels.
--
"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will
look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest."

Back to TOC