270 highway, corridor; apologies

To all participants:

I apologize to all for disseminating bad information
regarding the DOT plans for Highway 270, particularly
as I joined Vision2020 to insure that rumours and
misinformation didn't occur.  In particular, I want
to apologize to BJ Swanson and W Steed.

After speaking with Important People in Whitman
County's Public Works, it is revealed that the eight
access points will indeed be "t" type intersections.
DOT swears there will be no signalization (stop
lights).  DOT plans to construct various frontage
roads to collect current accesses. They identified
four: Airport Road (both east and west), Sunshine
Road, and an existing right of way somewhere near the
Avista service center.  The other four accesses are
un-named at this time, though we're wagering that one
will be at Poe Asphalt, and another will be at Alpine
Veternary Hospital.  So, forget anything I've written
about the highway - the eight access points really
will be stop signs at "t" type intersections.  I hope
this will teach me not to respond to comments when
I'm grumpy.  Nothing more to say, but again I'll
offer to get as much info as you like upon your
requests.
JM