From: Don Coombs [mailto:dcoombs@uidaho.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 1999 9:56 AM
To: Tim Hillebrand
Cc: Vision2020
Subject: Re: Friends of the Library declared profit seekers by postal clerk

TH:

What if the clerk is right? What if the Friends of the Library is not the
same entity as the Library, and should have done the required paperwork
years ago? What if other "friends of" organizations in this area have
complied with the regulations?

And:

Can friends of the library (lower case there; I'm referring to everybody
who wishes the library well) contribute books to the book sale, or is it
just a sale of surplus books from the library? If you're open to other
contributions, please provide information.

Don H. Coombs

And you could look on the bright side: Publicity from your hassle with the
P.O. may make more people aware of the book sale than otherwise would be.

Back to TOC