Moscow Schools

Visionaries,
I am one of the parent representatives to a committee from the Moscow School
District that is working on a new mission statement for the district, as
well as a vision statement, and a strategic plan that can be used, among
other things, to apply for grants from the Albertson's Foundation.

1. I would like your comments on the DRAFT mission statement that we've been
working on. The mission is designed to be short, easily remembered, and a
statement of why we (the school district/education system) exists.
(Obviously, it won't say everything.)The DRAFT we would like comments on is:

                The community's mission:
                To invest in the future of our students

2. The vision statement is still being drafted. This is to be a lofty,
future-oriented statement that says, "If we had a perfect world and
unlimited resources, what would our schools be like 1, 5, 10, or 50 years
from now?" It can be longer than the mission statement, and in fact, we are
looking at a kind of bulleted list of visions.

Please send me your visions on our school system.

Thank you,
Lois Melina
Lois Melina
Editor, "Adopted Child" newsletter