Re: Moscow Schools

	You have a valid point but if we dont start paying teachers what they
deserve then we might as well forget it.  My girlfriend who has a four year
degree and is teaching is making about a hundred dollars more than me right
now.  In may I will get another raise at the place that I work which will
bring me up tho about 8.50 an hour guess what I'll be making more than her.
 No I dont have a degree and I only work 40-45 hours a week.  She on the
other hand puts in more than 50 hours a week and uses what little money she
has to help buy things (snacks, prizes, etc....) for her kids because the
school dosen't support their teachers but asks them to do this anyway (for
the kids).
	Also another little known fact their are a lot of teachers that qulify
(because of their incoms) for food stamps and goverment housing( Rember
they have four year degrees) and we expect them to help guide children for
9 months of the year.
	How about lobbying for raises for teachers to get paid what they deserve!
Instead of lobbying for dams to be breached, bills that dont have a
snowballs chance in h__l of passing, and let our teachers do what they love
to do and teach.  If they can do that I think that the idots that carry
wepons to school will either wise up or obtaine enough common sense to be
able to know wrong from right.  Oh by the way i've carryed a knife ever
sence I was in third grade and have yet to pull it out on one person.  Of
course that was taught at home but that is a whole different can of worms.
Robert Moore

At 01:24 PM 3/27/99 EST, Erikus4@aol.com wrote:
>>The community's mission:
>>To invest in the future of our students
>
>Why the future of the STUDENT?
>
>Or, more appropriately, any investment in THEIR future is also an investment
>in MY future, or, collectively, OUR future.  If the school system works then
>when I'm 80 my physician may have been a student here today in 1999.  When
I'm
>old and my cat has climbed a tree or my driveway is full of snow, possibly it
>will be a student, or a person who learned benevolence at school
>(supplementing that taught at home!) who helps me out.  If the school system
>at least educates people so they can get SOME job, then we collectively
>benefit by reduced crime.  (In theory . . . )
>
>Why focus on THE student?  The students are THE future?  Focusing on OUR
>future seems better to me.
>
>But I can be picky.  (And don't enough people already have a problem
providing
>an education through taxation to "other people's kids"?)
>
>Erik O'Daniel

Back to TOC