Re: Moscow Schools

>The community's mission:
>To invest in the future of our students

Why the future of the STUDENT?

Or, more appropriately, any investment in THEIR future is also an investment
in MY future, or, collectively, OUR future.  If the school system works then
when I'm 80 my physician may have been a student here today in 1999.  When I'm
old and my cat has climbed a tree or my driveway is full of snow, possibly it
will be a student, or a person who learned benevolence at school
(supplementing that taught at home!) who helps me out.  If the school system
at least educates people so they can get SOME job, then we collectively
benefit by reduced crime.  (In theory . . . )

Why focus on THE student?  The students are THE future?  Focusing on OUR
future seems better to me.

But I can be picky.  (And don't enough people already have a problem providing
an education through taxation to "other people's kids"?)

Erik O'Daniel

Back to TOC