Recycling

I've been doing it for years and years.

But now I'm in a bit of a quandry.

I have two new, fairly good sized recycle bins
(property of the City of Moscow), some relatively
complex instructions (as Bill London noted) and a
disagreement going with my wife.

My concern and contention is that the new system is
going to consume more of my space and time, both of
which are in short supply at home.

Here are the points I made with my wonderfully
significant other:

*  Presently our recycling consists of filling two
grocery bags a week with loose, unsorted recyclables.
Every Saturday, as part of our weekly grocery/other
shopping excursion with our funky auto, we swing by the
recycling center and sort/deposit the contents of those
2 bags...and, of course, mingle with other humans,
which is actually a part of the ritual I enjoy.

*  The two bags take up very little space, are simple
to fill up and it only takes a few minutes to sort and
deposit the contents at the center.

*  On the other hand the new bins take up three times
as much space, will require more sorting time, figuring
out schedules, taking the bins, along with assorted
paper products, out to the curb and then picking it all
up again.  (I'm not talking about it being physically
difficult, just comparing the time and space
differentials.)

*  I can't see the advantage in my case.

Well, for some reason my wife does see an advantage and
so she has agreed to take over our household recycling
"program" as a demonstration project of sorts.  Guess
I'll find out if the new way is a better way.

Either way...recycling rules!

Greg Meyer