Clarification

Monday night I attended the panel discussion which featured President
Smith of WSU and President Hoover of UI.  Dr. Brannen, interim dean of the
UI College of Agriculture and Jim Zeiches of WSU were also in attendance.
When asked about the two universities' support of small scale farming,
food systems and sustainable ag Dr. Zeiches very proudly announced that
"two weeks ago we put on a very successful conference at UI on just that
topic."

I was a little surprized, since as a founding member of the Inland
Northwest Community Food Systems Task Force which conceived of, planned
and executed the Small Farms conference to which he referred, I don't
recall having met Dr. Zeiches.  We did receive donations and financial
assistance from many sources among them Palouse Clearwater Environmetal
Institute, the Moscow Co-op, the YWCA of WSU, the WSU Center for
Sustaining Agriculture and Natural Resources, the University of Idaho and
a host of small-scale farmers.

I am pleased and flattered that Dr. Zeiches thought that the conference
went well enough, and that the topic was important enough, to want to
claim credit. I hope this means that we can plan on his unlimited support
in the future.

Peggy Adams
PCEI

Back to TOC