Re: Legislature and schools

>Do you really believe, Erikus4, that anyone should have
>the right to carry a gun anywhere s/he chooses? That's
>a pretty farfetched interpretation of the Second Amendment.

No, and I never indicated that I believed any such thing.  However, this
doesn't involve the 2nd.  What is involved is Idaho's law which allows permit
holders to carry concealed weapons.  And this new law which allows them on
school grounds.  Under these laws a right exists.  Maybe it exists under the
2nd, maybe not.  But since we don't have to argue that, let's not.

And I'm interested in confirmation that this is actually taking place in
Idaho.  I think I saw something on the news which indicated that Colorado
passed a very similar law.

And I must that I misread the original post concerning the law.  If minor
students are allowed to bring weapons to school that is just nuts.  If
licensed adults are allowed, that is another thing - something acceptable to
me.

E. O'Daniel

Back to TOC