Re: Recycling

I am just asking questions...

1.  How do our garbage rates compare to other communities about the same
size?

2.  Our garbage is trucked into Washington somewhere, right?

3.  Is the recycling and the garbage done by the same company?

4.  Did recycling buy all the new recycling containers?

5.  Does the recycling center have a contract with the city regarding
the pick up and disposal of waste and recycling?

6.  Does the money from recycling off set the garbage rates?  Suppose
that would mean that those of us that recycle may be lowering the rates
of those that don't.  If that is true I don't mind...anything to slow
down the filling of landfills somewhere.

With my business in Moscow I pay for the recycling operation to pick up
my cardboard, newspaper and office paper.  This cost less than putting
the stuff into the dumpster, is more friendly to the environment and I
don't have to haul it to the center.  I have LARGE volumes of
cardboard!

I understand the point of view shared here with the earlier posts, but I
also figure someone has overhead like wages, liability insurance,
maintenance and such that must be paid.

Also last weekend you had to wait in the street for a parking place at
the center.  At least I do have storage space to sort and store
newspaper, glass and plastics so I don't make a lot of trips.

Just asking questions...don't intend to start a bottle throwing
situation...unless it is clean and sorted by colors into the right
containers.

Judi Thompson

Back to TOC