Re: Moscow-Pullman corridor

Mac,

You can email commnets directly to the Whitman County Planner, Mark Bordsen
<markb@co.whitman.wa.us>.  He is in direct contact with both the County
Commissioners and the Planning commissioners.  Although last night's
meeting wasn't a hearing, six people spoke at the beginning of the meeting
from the public.  Three people expressing concerns about development, three
landowners saying they wanted it.  Additionally, letters were read into the
record from PCEI and Pullman Civic Trust regarding concerns about the
proposal.

Most of the meeting was dedicated as a working session for the Planning
Commissioners to discuss the 1995 Corridor District proposal that was
rejected.  They are using it as a starting place to discuss the issue in
response to some requests to locate a car dealership and maybe a storage
garage place in the Corridor.

Tom

>Does anyone know if email can be sent directly to the Whitman Co.
>Commissioners?
>
>I may have missed news in the local papers.  What are the Whitman Co.
>commissioners considering doing at this time in terms of changes to the
>Moscow-Pullman corridor?
>
>Mac Cantrell

Thomas C. Lamar, Executive Director

Palouse-Clearwater Environmental Institute
P O Box 8596; 112 West 4th St; Suite #1
Moscow ID 83843-1096
Phone (208)882-1444; Fax (208)882-8029
url:  http://www.moscow.com/pcei

Please Note our individual staff email addresses below:

Thomas C. Lamar, Executive Director: lamar@pcei.org
Kathleen Lester, Office Manager/Environmental Education: lester@pcei.org
Laurie Gardes, Financial Manager:  gardes@turbonet.com
Anita Grover, Watersheds: grover@pcei.org
Colette DePhelps, Community Food Systems: dephelps@pcei.org
Peggy Adams, Watersheds/Food Systems: peggy931@uidaho.edu
Jon Barrett, Idaho Smart Growth:  smartgro@micron.net
Elaine Clegg, Idaho Smart Growth:  eclegg@micron.net

Celebrating thirteen years of connecting people, place and community.