Re: Fw: happy99.exe

John,

The vision2020 listserver does not have the
happy99.exe worm associated with it.  The
listserver is just a mail filter that forwards
mail from one person to many.  The worm came in
piggy-backed on a subscriber's post yesterday and
was passed on to all the subscribers.

Anyone who opened the .exe file then would then
become 'infected' and pass the worm to others
in subsequent mail messages.  Several persons
today have (again) passed it through to the
list, indicating that their computers are
affected.  The best thing anyone can do is to
have current antivirus protection running on
their computer.

Thanks for your interest,

Bill Moore 		bmoore@fsr.com
System Administrator    First Step Research
(208) 882-8869		Moscow, Idaho   83843

    > John and Laurie Danahy
    > jdanahy@turbonet.com

    >> I do not know who the administrator is of the Vision2020 list serve, but
    >> this is the second comment I heard about it containing the virus.
    >> Hopefully your warning will get to the administrator and they can clean
    >> it off.  We run Norton Antivirus in the district, and it will clean the
    >> virus off of a computer as long as you have the latest update.  Is there
    >> anything else I could do to help?
    >>
    >> Thanks

Back to TOC