Office Depot, etc.

Okay, I'll add my $0.02, too.

When I read the announcement last week for a new Office Depot
in the old Ernst building, I immediately said to myself, "OS,
just what we DON'T need!!!

And "OS" does not stand for "operating system."

Maybe PM's owners/managers want a tenant at any cost, even if
short lived, just to help pay the bills?

Maybe PM's owners/managers want all the business at PM and are
purposely attempting to drive S on the hill out of business?

Maybe OD and S are in a war across the country and this is
simply another opportunity for OD to launch a new offensive?

Since when have malls and businesses been launched and managed
with true community spirit in mind?  Isn't the first objective
to make profit for the owners/stockholders?

This always is a paradoxical twist to the "individual (not free)
enterprise" system which we champion in our country.

Do we want government run enterprises?

There is a piece in today's _Idaho Spokesman Review_ about
one major entrepreneur who believes that private sector
enterprises must give back to their communities.

MoscowSam@moscow.com

Back to TOC