Vision 2020 Mission Statement Adopted March 1995
- To ensure that all parts of our community have an
opportunity to take part in visualizing and planning
for the community's future.
- To strengthen citizens' sense of community by promoting
awareness, ownership and investment in Moscow's future.
- To foster cooperation among (and public involvement with)
the agencies and organizations that plan for and make
decisions about the future of Moscow and Latah County.
- To raise awareness on the part of citizens and public
- uncontrolled and unplanned growth may have
- short-term decisions have long-term consequences.
- To inform ourselves about growth and development issues.
- To have fun thinking critically and creatively.
OUR ACTIVITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Promoting community dialogue on planning and growth issues
through such diverse channels of communication as a discussion
list on the Internet.
- Increasing knowledge of community-based planning techniques
through study groups, workshops and guest speakers.
- Providing technical expertise and volunteer assistance to
community groups and local agencies interested in applying
community-based planning, such as the Latah County Planning
and Zoning Commissions and the Shared Facilities Task Force.
- Involving the community, especially young people, in planning
through such activities as tours, contests, simulation games
- Recruiting volunteers to monitor and report on meetings of
public agencies as a way of increasing public knowledge of
the decision-making process.
Vision 2020 has no bylaws, budget or membership requirements. Its
activities are coordinated by a three-member steering committee
chosen annually by consensus.