Groundwater Forum this week

Mark your calendars for two interesting evenings this week.  Tuesday,
November 19 and Thursday, November 21 from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. will be The
Groundwater Forum for the Palouse Basin (at the 1912 Center in Moscow).
This informative event is worth the attention of all residents of the
Palouse as it will discuss how water enters and leaves our groundwater
basin and how to protect this precious resource.

Presentations for the first evening will surround the science of our
aquifer system. Speakers will present facts about our local aquifer system
as well as alternatives for future supplemental water supplies. Moscow's
three-dimensional aquifer model will be on display and operating.

The second evening will inform residents and business owners about ways to
stretch the use of this ancient resource. Speakers will include Tim Eaton,
owner of Prairie Bloom Nursery, to discuss intelligent landscapes that work
in our climate with little water; Dianne French, Chairperson of Moscow's
Commission on Health/Environment and co-founder of the Palouse Water
Conservation Network, to discuss indoor water conservation ideas for home
and business; and Mark Cook, Moscow Public Works Director, to discuss water
pricing and issues relating to municipal water supplies. After these
presentations, there will be a panel discussion with questions from the
audience.

Each evening will include delicious refreshments provided by the Moscow
Food Coop, educational literature for participants, displays and the model
aquifer. There will be question and answer sessions. Moscow will also be
celebrating our new status as a Groundwater Guardian Community.

The Groundwater Forum is co-sponsored by the Moscow Food Co-op, the
Palouse-Clearwater Environmental Institute, the Palouse Water Conservation
Network, and the City of Moscow.

Thomas C. Lamar, Executive Director

Palouse-Clearwater Environmental Institute
P O Box 8596; 112 West 4th St; Suite #1
Moscow ID 83843-1096
Phone (208)882-1444; Fax (208)882-8029
url:  http://www.pcei.org

Celebrating sixteen years of "connecting people, place and community".