Revisiting Vandal football

So on Saturday in Spokane, Eastern Washington beats Montana in front of over
17,000 rabid Eagle and Grizzly fans.  Down in Pocatello, Idaho State is 7-3,
and ranked in the 1-AA national poll.  Boise State is running away with the
WAC, and ranked in the top 25 in the AP and ESPN polls today.  What was
Idaho doing?  Oh yeah, losing to Arkansas State in front about 47 people (by
the end of the game), to fall to 2-9 and once again come dangerously close
to being ranked dead last in Division 1.  This, of course, on the heels of
last years 1-10 season.  On a weekend when we should be playing in a strong
regional rivalry game, we'll close out against New Mexico State, while 8
miles away, WSU plays the Huskies in the Apple Cup.  Is it just me, or is
something wrong with this picture?  I brought this up at the beginning of
the season, and now that it's mercifully ending, I repeat:  Why can't we go
back to the Big Sky conference?

          Carl Westberg Jr.