Re: On losing the election

Greetings Visionaires -

Ed Evans stated:

"Purely hypothetical, but...

Suppose your own ideals and the "will of the people" start to drift farther and
farther apart. If the above process determines the concrete rights and wrongs,
what do you do when the process goes against you? Would you change your
worldview and admit you were "wrong?""

The "process", as defined in the US Constitution, will not likely go against me
during my lifetime.  Should a majority of the people feel differently than I do
as to the way the country should be governed, that is "our" perogative.  Having
retired from the Army, and been around this marble a few times, I don't see
myself packing my bags simply because the will of the people does not coincide
with mine.  That is where the difference exists between liberal "elitists" (an
oxymoron if I ever heard one) and religious fundamentalism.  I am willing to
live in a world that I realize is not perfect and still share a pot of coffee
with my neighbor.

Take care,

Tom Hansen

           http://www.fsr.net/