From: Tom Hansen [mailto:thansen@moscow.com]
Sent: Friday, November 08, 2002 8:10 PM
To: Ted Moffett; predator75@moscow.com
Cc: vision2020@moscow.com
Subject: RE: Eisenhower

Greetings -

I agree 100% with Mr. Moffett.

Bush won the election by electoral votes and lost it by popular vote.  If
Florida dealt with their 25 electoral votes the way that Missouri does, we
would be discussing President Gore right now.  Missouri's electoral votes
are awarded to candidates commensurate with the percentage of popular votes
won by that candidate.  If a candidate wins 60% of the popular vote, he/she
is awarded 60% of Missouri's electoral votes.  This, to me, balances the
books alot better than awarding the states entire electoral votes to
somebody that won a simple (and in this case questionable) majority of the
popular vote.  If you remember, Gore only needed 10 of Florida's 25
electoral votes to win the election.

The answer is simple.  Eliminate the electoral college.  The person with the
most popular votes wins.  It is that simple.

Looking for a brighter tomorrow,

Tom Hansen
Moscow

Back to TOC