What happened to Ken Lay? Etc.

Everyone:

What happened to former Enron CEO Ken Lay?  Was he given a free pass because
of the implications of being a Bush Texas  business crony?

What happened to the GAO suit against Cheney to force him to release details
of his meetings with energy corporation executives, which included some from
Enron during the same time period of Enron's demise?  Cheney can get away
with this kind of secrecy involving possible connections to corrupt
corporations, as a pubic employee who is supposed to represent the American
people, and the media just lets it be forgotten?

In light of how important these two questions should have been to help
voters decide whether to hand the Republicans control of the US Congress,
it strikes me as rather odd they were absent from much of the media coverage
of election issues, as far as I could gather.  Instead we got 24 hour
coverage of snipers in a small area on the east coast, a story for sure, but
not critical to the over all questions that should have been posed for
voters to consider about the conduct of the Bush administration.
Infotainment indeed!

I asked approximately these questions in another vision2020 post, but then
thought they deserved their own subject heading, which hopefully will lead
to some enlightened answers from the esteemed vision2020 subscribers.

Ted