Re: On losing the election

Carl et. al.

I must agree with Carl that absent the fallout from 9/11, and assuming
nothing similar happened before the election of Nov. 5 2002, it would be
highly probable that we would have seen significant Democratic Party gains
on Nov. 5.  The Republican strategy laid out months ago by chief Republican
strategist Carl Rove was to exploit the war issue to the max regarding the
public perception that Republicans were more viewed as tough on terror than
the Democrats.

Remember Bush's approval ratings prior to 9/11?

The current state of the economy (one of the largest devaluations of the
stock market in history) coupled with the Bush administration's ties to
corporate corruption and their continuing secrecy regarding this corruption
(Cheney's refusal to provide info about the energy task force which included
Enron) should have led to major Democratic Party gains.

Imagine if Bill Clinton had had the same ties to Enron that George Bush had
in Texas while governor, and that Gore as Vice President was hiding info
about his meetings with Enron executives.  Clinton and Gore would have been
crucified in the media, whether or not they had anything to do with Enron's
corruption.

And they say we have a "liberal" media!  Then why the apparent free pass for
Bush in the media on the Enron connection?

Ted