Latah Sanitation

    Thanks to Latah Sanitation for enough compost to keep our garden
going for the summer.  On Tuesday (remember how warm and pleasant a day
that was?) we stopped off at the dumpsite on our way to Big Meadow by
Troy.  We loaded up a bunch of 5 gallon buckets with finished compost.
For free.  The compost came from lawn cuttings and tree prunings etc
left at the Moscow Recycling Center dropoff bins.  We certainly have
deposited our share of clippings there, and it was great to get buckets
worth of payback.
    Thanks also to Latah Sanitation for their commitment to recycling
and support for the Moscow Renaissance Fair.  Latah Sanitation took all
of the compostable plates, cups, table scraps, etc from the fair's food
booths and is now composting them all (mixed with the clippings from the
recycling bins).  Latah Sanitation offered to handle that recycling
material at no charge to the fair.
    BL

Back to TOC