notice of public hearing. part two of two.

Jeffrey Krautkraemer wrote:

> Late this week I received a phone call from the Idaho DEQ concerning some
> hearings they were going to hold about
>        field burning and setting a new emergency rule which would stop
burning
> once it hit the 100 ug/m3 level. This level is
>        LETHAL and must be addressed. The state of Idaho has an obligation
> protect human health and this level is
>        unacceptable.
>
>        To that end, I am attaching some information which will allow
concerned
> members of the public to comment and
>        respond to this proposal. Remember, it is crucial to either show up
in
> person to the hearings, or to respond in writing,
>        and make your comments specific to the rule itself.  I have
outlined an
> easy way to do this in the attachment.
>        Comments should probably be mailed from here by May 26 at the
latest to
> Tim Teater (address is in the attachment).
>        The attachment is titled "Rationale for lower action level"
>
>        Please check our website, www.fieldburning.com for information
concerning
> public health.
>
>        The hearings will be on May 8 in Coeur d'Alene,
>        May 9 Wednesday, in Lewiston at the Red Lion at 6:30 p.m. (I'm
> going...who wants to come?)
>        May 24 and 29 in Boise at DEQ headquarters 2 p.m.   More detailed
> location information is in the attachment.
>
>        I have not attached the PDF file of the rule itself,  It took me 4
min to
> download. Go to Pg. 108 where the rule begins
>        and continues on for several pages if you want to read the entire
text.
> The location of the URL for where to download
>        the rule is in the "rationale" document.
>
>        Thanks for your continued support. I'd encourage each of you to
forward
> this e-mail and attachments to any people you
>        know who care about the air we breathe.
>
>        Patti Gora
>        1845 NW Deane
>        Pullman WA  99163

------=_NextPart_000_0000_01C0D7A9.5603AC20
	filename="emerg episode rule schedule.txt"

	Projected Schedule
	Emergency Episode Air Quality Rules=20
	Docket No. 58-0101-0101

5/29/01
Conclude negotiations.

6/4/01

DEQ staff submits rule text to DEQ rules coordinator (DRC).  DRC =
prepares=20
rule package and submits to deputy attorney general for legal review.

6/11/01

DRC submits proposed rule package to DEQ administration for review.=20

6/18/01

DEQ administration approval of proposed rule package.

6/20/01

Deadline for submitting proposed rule to Office of Administrative Rules =
(OAR)=20
for publication in 8/01 Bulletin.

8/1/01

Proposed rule appears in Bulletin.  Comment period begins.

9/6/01

Hold public hearing (30 day notice of hearing).

9/7/01

Comment period ends.

9/12/01

DEQ staff finalizes rule package and forwards to DRC.  DRC submits rule=20
package to deputy attorney general for legal review.

9/19/01

DRC submits final proposal package to DEQ administration for review.

9/26/01

DEQ administration approval of final proposal.  Board package to =
printer.

10/1/01

Mail package to Board members.

10/17-18/01

Board meeting in Idaho Falls - adoption of pending rule.

11/17/01

Deadline for submitting pending rule package to OAR for publication in=20
January 2001 issue of the Bulletin and submittal to Legislature for =
review.

12/5/01

Pending rule appears in Bulletin.=20

Sine die of=20
2002=20
Legislature

Pending rule becomes final and effective.

------=_NextPart_000_0000_01C0D7A9.5603AC20--

Back to TOC