Re: The Truth!

I am proud of this country and the strides we have made in many, many areas
including racism, equality for women... on and on... however, there is one
area that we seem to have declined and this area is major to the foundation
of this country. It is the family. Travis has said he'd like to go back to
the good ol' days and in the sense of the "family" I agree. The loyalty and
unity was much better. Children knew where they belonged. They were not
encouraged to be the family policeman and report perceived problems. It was
not perfect then by any means and there was a lot abuse that needed curbed.
But there isn't a lot of loyalty or unity left today (yes there are
acceptions). Children are taught from the time they enter school to report
and tattle on their parents. Children begin searching and the respect begins
to wain. How did this happen? There are a lot of theories such as the
women's movement causing women to be discontent. Other theories exist as
well. One major reason, in my opinion, for the decay of the family unit is
the organization that exists to protect children... don't attack me yet... I
AGREE with protecting children but this organization called Child Protective
Services or "child savers" is motivated by greed and money more than their
desire to protect the child. Each time they remove a child from a home they
are given thousands in federal dollars as "reward" to further their
"services". This needs to be changed and they need to be rewarded when they
find a family in trouble and give service to that family rather than tear
them apart. The news is full of excesses of CPS with the Wenatchee
witch-hunts at the top of the horrifying list. Parents are guilty before
proven innocent in these people's eyes. They enter a home with preconceived
notions most times because they are conditioned that way. The childsavers
have created a society of paranoia. They tell school workers, counselors,
professional people that if they don't report suspected child abuse they can
lose their jobs and be prosecuted. One school counselor told me she reports
everything then she doesn't have to worry. CPS is so busy chasing these
reports, the majority of which are unfounded, they have no time to take care
of the cases that are truly in need of their attention.

I could go on and on here but suffice it to say that this governmental body
is structured backwards if its goal is to support and keep families
together. The foundation of this country rests on the backs of the family
unit, in my opinion, and the breakdown is horrific.