List Participation

Visionaries:

   I have received several respectful inquiries
as to why someone from Alaska would be interested
in following and commenting on community issues
in Moscow.  A less benign interpretation (and I
don't believe this to be the case) of these
inquiries would suggest that it is not neccessarily
appropriate for someone living outside the community
to participate in this forum.

   I'm contemplating whether to explicate my
justification and interest in my (limited) participation
but a part of me says absolutely no justification should
be required of anyone on this list provided they
participate respectfully.

   Perhaps this group ought to revisit the
appropriateness of allowing non-community
members to participate in this forum...after all,
what could individuals who don't live in the
community possibly have to offer by way
of community discussion issues?

--
Greg Brown (gregb@alaskapacific.edu)
Associate Professor, Environmental Science Dept.

Back to TOC