Re[2]: Veterans preference in Idaho universities

I agree, I have attended many, very moving tributes to Veteran's on the Ad Lawn
over the years.

Subject:    Re: Veterans preference in Idaho universities
Author: Keith Howe <kkhowe@moscow.com>
Date:       2/7/01 10:50 PM

I just wanted to point out that, in my understanding, Veteran's Day is not
honored because they chose instead to implement the "Fall Recess" the
following week of November, making the fall semester more symmetrical with
the spring semester and accomodating a longer break for Thanksgiving so that
students can travel home. It was an issue of moving the vacation time
around, not of eliminating the holiday itself. From the Academic Calendar
out of the latest general catalog:

"Classes WILL MEET this date, even though Veterans' Day is observed
(students who wish to attend an observance are excused from 11 a.m. until 1
p.m.)"

Whether or not you agree with this policy, it was not intended to snub
Veteran's Day in any way.

- Keith Howe