Re: Telephone Overlays/Time Zones

> Wouldn't it be convenient if area codes in Idaho were assigned according
> to Time Zone?

Sadly, the proper way to divide NPAs is to put the highest growth area
(boise) in it's own NPA. This lets Boise eat up the rest of the exchanges
in 208 and allows the rest of the state to slowly eat up the new NPA.

Where this goes horridly wrong is when growth in the 'npa ghetto' (that
would be here) exceeds or equals the growth in the 'npa walled city'
(that would be Boise). You then end up with the stupid situation in
Washington, where in short order:
206 split to 206/360
360 split to 360/425/253

Thanks! Imagine if Boise, Moscow, and Sandpoint suddenly had booming
local growth and evil cell phone and fax use that comes with it.
Horrors! We could end up with 208 - boise, 999 - rest of us, then
split 999 off of Moscow so everyone not in Boise or Moscow has now changed
NPAs twice... then Sandpoint eats up the exchanges in this new NPA and
causes another split. Thanks!

The solutions for this are:
1) wireless internet to free up modem only lines
2) add another digit or two to our phone numbers
3) go pound rocks against corn to make flour while the rest of the world
passes us by.

I'm voting for 1 and 2.
--
Ry Jones
Airgap Networks / Moscow, ID 419 730 2199 (fax)

Back to TOC