Re: Election Recount

You may also wish to check out the recent story from Slate "The Miami Herald
Blows the Recount"

They focused only on the undercount, that is, ballots that didn't register any
vote for president.  They ignored the overcount, the mark-sense ballots that were
marked OK for president, but were rejected because they also had a name in the
write-in space.  In a true manual recount, they'd have been picked up (and were
in some counties).

http://slate.msn.com/code/kausfiles/kausfiles.asp?Show=1/18/2001&idMessage=6897

WMSteed@aol.com wrote:

> I've been told the previous attempt to send this story got lost in the
> translation.  Let's try again.  Also have  been told NPR did carry it
> although I still haven't heard anything on major networks.
>
> Walter Steed

Ron Force    rforce@moscow.com
Moscow, ID USA