re: Gun Legislation

On Fri, 30 Apr 1999, Marc wrote:

> At 08:51 AM 4/30/99 -0700, you wrote:
> >Imposing restrictions on the purchase of rapdily firing weapons is
> >different than prohibiting ownership of hunting rifles.  Restricting the
> >sale of cheap hand guns differs from prohibiting the sale of target
> >pistols.  The refusal to acknowledge such differences is nonsensical.
> >
> >Dale Goble
> >Moscow
> >
> I love it. An ad hominim attack!  So if I refuse to acknowledge that such
> restrictions are goo, I am nonsensical?

to read my posting as an ad hominem is a distortion of the meaning of the
phrase, which my dictionary defines as appealing to emotions rather than
to intellect.  marc's response does demonstrate my larger point: that a
discussion of the issue becomes impossible when the world is perceived as
black and white.

Dale Goble
Moscow

Back to TOC