Re: communication (was "Moscow suicide)

It's pretty clear to me that all entities,.... police, coroner and school
district have a shared responsibility to communicate to their respective
constituents when an event has taken place that might affect  the health
and well being of our citizens. This is critical when those citizens
include the most vulnerable amoung us, namely our childern and young
adults. Please note the Pullman School District story in tonight's Daily
News. I think we all need to recognize our own fears about what is
happening with the young adults in our community and try our best to avoid
hysteria or the blame game.

Many of us received a letter from the district today with valuable
information on how best to support our children. I appreciated the
communication and the concern expressed. As a parent, my preference is to
have information as soon as possible but certainly not at the expense of a
grieving family. I agree though with Bill's rationale for getting the
information out to the public. Perhaps there will be an appropriate time in
the future for those entities to examine their effectiveness and make any
necessary adjustment in their roles and or communication protocols.

John Cronin

Back to TOC