Re: Moscow suicide

At 12:17 PM 4/28/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I don't understand, and thus have a difficult time sympathizing with, your
>observation that it would have been insensitive to print the news of the
>child's death in the evening paper. Or even, since it wasn't available
>even the next morning, the next morning's paper.

>There sometimes are situations where it serves the public to delay
>releasing information. I can't manage to see this as one. I think Bill
>London was right on.

I think the main thing is to make sure that the parents & close relatives
are duly informed first.  What if one of the parents was out of town, and
the authorities had trouble contacting them?

How would we feel if out of the blue, a reporter called and asked us to
comment on the suicide of a loved one, when we hadn't a clue what had
happened?

Robert Hoffmann                      817 S. Adams
Alt-Escape Adventures                Moscow, ID  83843  USA
http://www.alt-escape.com            Phone: (208) 883-0642
	             Fax:   (208) 883-8545

Back to TOC