RE: Bombs on the Internet

>Can anyone tell me what the purpose is of explaining how to
>make bombs on the Internet?

Plenty of people have need of bombs.  Not too terribly many in the US - but
how about in Kosovo, or the Middle East.

Are we forgetting that our country was born in a wee bit of violence itself?
Tarring and feathering, from what I've heard, was often fatal to the tar'd.

Besides, before it was the Internet, it was computer Bulletin Board Systems.
Before that it was something else.  The information will always be there.  On
the Internet it is just more accessible - but before the Internet it just
took a bit more trouble to find it.  (I checked and Moscow Public Library
doesn't seem to own The Anarchist's Cookbook.  Maybe the college does...  Or
maybe the process of bomb making is described in sufficient detail in some
"Men's Adventure" book.)

Additionally, maybe someday us US citizens will need bombs of our own.  Do
not get me wrong - I'm not some raving lunatic Patriot, Militia-guy.

But it was only 50-some years ago that OUR OWN COUNTRY locked up all the
Japanese-Americans we could get our hands on.  A bit more than one-half
century before that a bunch of states tried to keep blacks in slavery...

Our government is okay now but history is full of examples of government
which seriously oppressed their citizens.

E. O'Daniel

If anyone is interested I can post a little info on how you can possibly
check your computer or your child's computer to see if they are accessing
"problematic" web sites.  Even if you've got "baby-sitter" software the
children are often more computer literate than the parent and may be able to
get around it.  If anyone cares, I'll post it.

Back to TOC