Re: columbine h.s.

In a culture where Value=price.  Where we speak of protecting investments
but not people. Where we choose only to intervene when our financial
interests are at stake but not when human values are.  Where we think it's
ok to destroy others to advance our commercial interests.  Where we
clearly value the wealthy and barely recognize the good.  Where we give
our highest reward, money and stuff, as well as infinate forgiveness to
entertainers (athletes among them) who glorify violence.  Where seem to
think poverty = immorality. Where we pay our teachers such a low wage that
we can keep only (by and large) the least talented in the profession. Do
we think that won't haunt us through our children?

Back to TOC