h.s. students

May 17 will be the annual dessert honoring the top ten students in the MHS
graduating class and the teachers these students feel made the biggest
impact on them throughout their 12 years of education.

Until last year, a Lewiston car dealership sponsored this event (and it was
actually a banquet). They dropped the program last year and without a
sponsor, the Parents Advisory Committee at the high school, along with some
very committed parents not on the committee, took on the project and scaled
it down to a dessert. In addition to plaques for the teachers, a donation
for trees for the Chipman Trail was made in the name of these students and
teachers.

We think we have a sponsor for next year, but this year's dessert is still
very much a volunteer effort. So, here's the pitch: If any of you would like
to participate by making a lovely, decadent dessert, please contact me
privately. Thanks!

Lois Melina
Lois Melina
Editor, "Adopted Child" newsletter