Re: (Fwd) Re: Community Input Requested

Regarding signage in business areas:
During a recent trip to S. California, I was again amazed by the
conscious choices represented by some (generally upscale) communities
regarding allowable signs.  In places like Rancho Mirage, all business
signs are subtle, small, and subdued.  No huge billboards and glaring
electric signs like we see along the Moscow-Pullman highway.
While those communities definitely had strip malls, they were not
disgustingly ugly, like what is so common elsewhere.  That's where I
would like Moscow to go.
BL