"Names please" Take 2

Visionaries,

Not for the first time, I have proved myself to be computer challenged.

Last week I asked people to re-subscribe if they hadn't originally signed
on to the list using their names.  The purpose was to make sure all posts
appear with signatures in the "from" line.  It turns out that while several
conscientious subscribers tried to follow these instructions, their mail
program still doesn't show the names in the "from" line.   Hence, the
problem is in their software and can't easily be remedied.

The simplest solution is for everyone to "sign" their names at the end of
every post.  If this fails, people who want to know who posted a particular
message can go to the "Who is listening" section of the Vision 2020 home
page, where all subscribers' e-mail addresses are linked to the name used
when subscribing.  (For example, my email address psalant@moscow.com
appears next to my name.)

Sorry for the confusion.  Thanks for trying.

--Priscilla Salant

Back to TOC