vision2020@moscow.com: Re: Dear Editor

Re: Dear Editor

John Danahy (JDANAHY@turbonet.com)
Sun, 17 May 1998 22:11:30 -0700

Tom,

I understand that the city has not set the fees for the pool yet. The
$2.50 fee is reccommended by the pool committee as needed to operate the
pool in the black. City councilman Tony Johnson clearly stated to the
council that one of the best parts of the pool committees proposal was
routine upkeep and expenses would not cost the taxpayers. One of the main
concerns with all other options not proposed by the pool committee was the
cost to the city taxpayers for maintainence and operations. I can only
conclude, from both the pool committee recommendation and the council's
acceptence that, if the bond passes, this pool will not be subsidized by
city resident tax dollars. If my conclusion is not correct, then the city
council should inform the voting public of the correct situation before the
bond election.

John Danahy
jdanahy@turbonet.com

This archive courtesy of: