vision2020@moscow.com: Re: I'm so confused.....

Re: I'm so confused.....

Priscilla Salant (psalant@moscow.com)
Sun, 17 May 1998 20:05:31 -0700

NO INSIDE SECRETS THAT I KNOW ABOUT! (Does that mean it's not my sandbox?)

I do not understand why Jo unsubscribed -- something set her off but I
don't know what it was. Her posts were great, and in one instance, at
least, her good thinking pushed me to work harder on making the dialog on a
particular local issue more civil and informed. (That happened to be the
pool ...)

There is NO CENSORSHIP on this list. No one screened out posts from Lori.
There is no way to screen posts, even if there were the will, which there
absolutely is not. So I'm in the dark about why there were two messages
from Lori in the archives that didn't appear here.

As for the retreat, we've been working as hard as our families and jobs
will allow, laying the groundwork for publicity that is to begin shortly.
We have been working with our advisory committee on planning; recruiting
facilitators for the breakout sessions; designing and beginning to
distribute posters; arranging for an insert in the Daily News on May 23;
doing short radio spots; and more... if you are in the dark, so too must
be others. Alas! We shall redouble our efforts! From whom did you
request information about the retreat??

So, Gussie, whoever you are, keep reading, writing, and making any fully
formed or evolving visionary ideas public!

-Priscilla Salant
----------
> From: gussie@writeme.com
> To: vision2020@moscow.com
> Subject: I'm so confused.....
> Date: Sunday, May 17, 1998 11:33 AM
>
> Could someone let me in on what is going on,or is that some kind of
secret for insiders only. Months ago I would check in on the archives of
vision2020 and found it interesting....then I decided to become a
subscriber. Maybe I even thought that as a business owner for the past 20
years I, too, could be considered a "visionary" for our community. Well,
one would hesitate to sit down to the keyboard and submit ANYTHING. I
looked forward to those ideas submitted by Jo Williams....now she's
gone....she "unsubscribed" herself. I cannot find anything so horrible on
2020 itself that would cause her to do this. So, after much thinking, it
hit me that we "subscribers" only get part of the picture. Most of the
meaningful correspondance goes DIRECT to the party. And what does this
mean? Does it mean that there are those AFRAID to go public.......and why?
And is there already some form of censorship on 2020. I ask because I
noted that the recent archives hold two messages from Lo!
> ri who asked for help subscribing with her new e-mail address. These two
messages never came through to me...and why not? Is it because "someone"
feels we are better off without Lori's input and like a bunch of
pre-schoolers we just wont "invite" her in to play in our sandbox? I really
wonder....because can I play in your sandbox? I requested information
weeks and weeks ago about the retreat and have yet to hear ANYTHING. So
far, every ordinary "unsubsribed" citizen I ask knows NOTHING about a
retreat. If you want this effort to be sucessful you better get the word
out to the commoners....after all, they make up the majority of us out
there.

This archive courtesy of:
First Step Internet