vision2020@moscow.com: Re: (Fwd) Re: Re[2]: Swimming Pool Committee

Re: (Fwd) Re: Re[2]: Swimming Pool Committee

Susan Palmer (susanp@moscow.com)
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 17:36:37 -0800

Visionaries,

As a member of the Moscow Vision 2020 Steering Committee, I would
like to reiterate that the spirit of Bert's comments below are consistent
with
the history and spirit of the listserver.

This is a lively, spirited list. Not, surprisingly debate abounds and
periodically it escalates to some ill-defined boundary of "crossing
the line." Weekly new subscribers are added to the listserver, so
occasionally we need to remind one another of civic tone that
the listserver and Moscow Vision 2020 Mission Statement (worth
re-reading) encourage.

This is an ongoing virtual town meeting without any facilitator.
Thankfully,
when necessary, one of us steps in to keep us on track.

The pool discussion/debate need not be censored since it is the centerpiece

of democratic decision making. What Bert and the steering committee urge
is to stay on the points at issue and refrain from personal attacks.
Although
Bert's post was in response to a more clear attack on an individual, what
is
cloudy is whether the pool committee members, or group as a whole, have
experienced a similar attack.

Rather than belabor that issue, I recommend we move on and return to the
content of the issues before us. The voters will undoubtedly want as much
information from all perspectives as possible.

Susan Palmer
Moscow Vision 2020 Steering Committee Member

This archive courtesy of:
First Step Internet