vision2020@moscow.com: Re: Moscow "Elections"

Re: Moscow "Elections"

Bill London (london@wsunix.wsu.edu)
Thu, 23 Oct 1997 09:00:00 -0700 (PDT)

I, too, am bothered by the lack of candidates in Moscow. And at the last
few elections we had so many...
But whenever I start complaining about this, someone asks why I am
not running, which shuts me up quickly.
That is, of course, a good question for Greg or anyone who is
concerned by the lack of choice here. If it's such a problem, why aren't
you running for election?
I didn't have a good enough answer for that.....
But I do think it sucks. A coronation like we are having here
does not allow for a discussion of perspectives or each candidates
personal baggage. And that is too bad.
Especially this year.
BL

On Wed, 22 Oct 1997, Greg Meyer wrote:

> I haven't seen anyone post a reaction to the fact that there are no
> contested races for Moscow City Council or the Mayor's position in the
> upcoming "election". Does anyone besides me find this a little troublesome?
> Anyone considering a write-in (right on!) campaign at this late date...just
> to shake it up a little and give a few people reason to go to the polls?
>

> Democratically yours,
>

> Greg Meyer
>
> P.S. And now another uncontested race: Kempthorne against the other candidate.

This archive courtesy of:
First Step Internet