vision2020@moscow.com: Sustainable Community Workshop Announcement (fwd)

Sustainable Community Workshop Announcement (fwd)

Bill London (london@wsunix.wsu.edu)
Sun, 7 Sep 1997 10:07:46 -0700 (PDT)

Here's a $10 workshop in Boise.....
=09

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 1997 08:19:28
From: Kathy Roos <kroos@cyberhighway.net>
To: smartgrowth@onenw.org
Subject: Sustainable Community Workshop Announcement

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D A message from the 'smartgrowth' discussion list =3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D

>Attached is an announcement for a workshop for individuals and
>organizations working on sustainable community initiatives, sponsored by
>the US Environmental Protection Agency and the Livable Community Group.
>
>Questions may be addressed to Tana Dace, tkdace@micron.net.

>The Workshop for Sustainable Communities
>
>will be led by Maureen Hart, the author of the =93Guide to Sustainable
Community Indicators=94, as well as a web site of searchable sustainable
community indicators.

>What is sustainability and what are indicators?
>Sustainability is the idea that the economic, environmental, and social
issues in a community are linked in many ways. Sustainable community
indicators are ways to measure these connections and how well a community
is meeting the needs and expectations of its present and future members.

>Who should attend?
>People from nonprofit organizations, grassroots activists, and state and
local government officials who are interested in issues of sustainability
and who are considering developing economic, environmental, or social
indicators for their community.

>What is the purpose of this workshop?
>To increase participants=92 understanding of grassroots sustainability iss=
ues,
>to provide community members with tools for initiating or furthering
community indicator
projects,
>to introduce the concept of sustainability and the use of indicators,
>to highlight useful resources and sources fo data for indicators, and
>to prepare participants to spread the work about sustainability throughout
the community.

>Is there a charge to attend the workshop?
>Yes, there is a $10 registration fee, which includes all the material plus
a copy of the =93Guide to Sustainable Community Indicators.=94

>When and where will this one-day workshop be held?
>Friday, September 19, and Saturday, September 20, 1997; 8:45am to 4:30pm
>Boise, Idaho, at the Division of Environmental Quality Conference Room,
located at 1410 North Hilton, off Irving and Orchard Streets.

>How do I find out more about the workshop?
>For more information, contact Tana Dace at (208)336-3856 or Anne Dalrymple
at the US EPA Seattle Office at 1-800-424-4372.

>To learn more about sustainable community indicators, visit the web site a=
t:=20
>http://www.subjectmatters.com/indicators.
>

>Space is limited. Preference will be given to those who sign up by
September 10, 1997.
>To register send this form and a check for $10 payable to:
>The livable Community Group
>c/o Tana Dace
>2203 N 20th St.
>Boise, ID 83702