Tree Planting

I've just noticed the trees recently planted along the new bike path east of
Blaine Street along Highway 8.  I thought there were to be 800 trees to be
placed from Blaine to the end of the new pavement (east City Limits),
however, they now stop at Mountainview.  Were all 800 used or are more to be
planted beyond Mountainview?

Also, the ones that were planted seem to be extremely close together.  Is
this because many are not expected to survive?  If all the plantings were to
grow up, they would probably create a tree covered tunnel that would not be
at all safe to walk in and no outside street lights would penetrate.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Walter Steed

Back to TOC