Re: Iraq and energy

In a message dated 10/8/02 7:06:57 PM, thansen@moscow.com writes:

<<In March of 1991, didn't President Bush (Sr.) say that the Persian Gulf War

was going to be purely a military action run by generals?  Then a few weeks

later tell General Schwartzkopf not to advance on Baghdad?>>

Actually, I've heard it was General Powell, head of the Joint Chiefs at the
time that strongly recommended stopping.

<< Had President Bush lived up to his word in 1991, we would not have this

problem. >>

Had 41 continued on to Baghdad, butchering along the way, the public in
general and the liberals in particular would have come unstuck.

Walter Steed

Back to TOC