Re: DISCUSSION/liberals and conservatives

It's not so much the stouts (which we do like quite a lot), but the rejection
of thin, watery mega-lagers (commonly refered to as "BudMillerCoors" in brewing
circles) that are certainly the products of tyranny and egalitarianism.

In the wonderland of distinctive beer we have here in the western US, it would
be a shame to limit ourselves to one particular style, stout or otherwise. It
does take a bit of work to appreciate the more assertive styles, just like it
takes a mature palette to appreciate the more subtle styles. But I digress....

Cheers,
-Ed Evans

P.S. Beer tip for the day: Don't drink stout at refridgeration temperatures!
The real character comes out when it's served around 45-55F. The same generally
holds for most ales. HTH.

> There is one extremely important item Doug Wilson and I agree on.  We both
> appreciate great beer.  Although, among my liberal secularist friends, we
> seem to share an appreciation for light bodied ales.  Doug, and hence his
> fellow conservatives, all sound like people who drink stout.  I can't stand
> stout....
>                                                                      Carl
> Westberg
>

> >From: Douglas <dougwils@moscow.com>